- This event has passed.
The Lifestyle Garden Design Show
February 11, 2017 @ 7:00 am - May 31, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
20 Years of Garden Glory – A THIRST FOR GARDENING
Johannesburg’s premier garden design show at Lifestyle Home Garden is now in its 20th Year! In January 2017 the landscape design students from Lifestyle College and Lifestyle Home Garden will once again be bringing forth the ultimate event on the South African Gardening calendar.
Since the Garden Design show was first launched in 1997, Lifestyle College’s students have shown that they are equal to the task of bringing the latest trends in garden design to our own backyards and this year is proving to be no exception, as they bring new, fresh and innovative ideas to the fore.
The Lifestyle Garden Design Show, positioned as it is at the beginning of the year – in peak growing season – not only gives people the impetus needed to get out into their gardens to do something new and improved for the coming year, but also gives us the ideal opportunity to showcase to them what we see as the pertinent considerations and most contemporary concepts when it comes to what’s hot and happening in the green world. From the newest plant varieties and the most desirable wall and floor treatments in this season’s top colours, to innovative use of gardening products and accessories – all this and more will be on show; an explosion of colour and scents certain to heighten all the senses.
This year 10 concept gardens, with one flowing seamlessly into the next, are going to celebrate excellence in diverse yet thoroughly contemporary South African style.
With emphasis these days on smaller, more manageable and yet inspirational outdoor living areas, patio spaces and balconies are being utilised to bring the outdoors in – and vice versa. The gardens on show incorporate clever water saving ideas, ways of making your small spaces look larger, showcasing exciting ways to express our inter-connectedness with the world above, below and all around us and turning every available outdoor area into thoroughly chic gardens.
With the focus ever more on ecologically sound and location-appropriate design, the gardens represent a radical departure from the generous swathes of water-guzzling, high-maintenance annuals and perennials of the past. Highlighting the use of succulents and low water usage plants, as well as how to zone your garden using both exotic but mainly indigenous varieties when it comes to irrigation – being water wise is not as hard as you might think.
Growing your own herbs and vegetables has become one of the ‘sexiest’ gardening trends for people of all ages. Being in control of what you put into your body seems de rigueur these days and three small space vegetable gardens will give visitors new and fresh ideas on how to create an edible garden in any area.
There’s no fence sitting when it comes to the Show gardens at Lifestyle – they’re always inspiring, memorable and vibrant!
The events program runs in conjunction with the show and has always proved popular with members of the public and this year promises even more. There is an exciting line up of talks, demonstrations and events set to inspire you and let us all in on some trade secrets!
So keep an eye on www.lifestyle.co.za for event updates.
As a leading independent garden centre, Lifestyle Home Garden values its consumers, and is always intent on giving them the best ideas at the greatest prices. This is a company where our business is also our passion.
- Progress of all the show gardens – which are built over a period of 3 weeks – are up on the Lifestyle College Facebook page and Instagram account (@lifestyle_college), as well as the Lifestyle Home Garden Facebook page and Instagram account (@lifestylehomegarden). This is sure to keep keen gardeners up to date with all the fun and brilliance as it unfolds!
- The Show Gardens will be featured on a couple of episodes of The Home Channel’s current season of “Gardening 101” in February so be sure to look out for those.
- Lifestyle Garden Centre also boasts a great children’s play area, with a roller coaster and lots of other fun rides for kids. You can sit and enjoy a scrumptious meal while your children have fun, at either Primi Life, Silver Birch or Moroccan Lifestyle. Make a day of your visit, take your friends to lunch, or just take a load off and enjoy some fantastic coffee.
- Lifestyle has incredible specials released the week that the show opens. Grab these specials before they all disappear – check out our specials on www.lifestyle.co.za and in store for our colour printed leaflets.
- For all food lovers – come and taste the lovely range of food products at the Lifestyle Gourmet Market, including cheeses, specialty breads, balsamic vinegar, jams, olives and divine chocolate.
Date: 11 February to end May 2017
Monday to Saturday: 07h00 to 17h00
Sunday: 07h30 to 17h00
Venue: Lifestyle Home Garden, Beyers Naudé Dr & Ysterhout Ave, Randpark Ridge
Contact: Lifestyle Home Garden on (011) 792 5616 or Lifestyle College on
(011) 792 8244