October is rose month and the perfect time to plant your heart out! Fill containers and beds with the queen of flowers and indulge in the robust variety on show at GCA Garden Centres now. While you’re there, don’t forget some rose food, compost, and potting soil.
Top 5 most irresistible roses to plant now
- Double Delight: Pointed, cream colour buds unfolding delicately into shades of scarlet.
- Just Joey: A hybrid apricot/orange blend tea rose with a seductively sweet scent.
- My Granny: A spreading shrub with full rosette blooms in shades of soft pink and white.
- South Africa: SA’s top performer with huge clusters of large, golden-yellow double blooms.
- Zulu Royal: Large, symmetrical blooms in deep mauve with a silver-lilac dust
- Natalie Douglas: Produces large, fully petalled solitary blooms on long, stiffly upright stems.
Did you know?
Some of our rose specialists Garden Centres offer a divine range of edible rose products including rose jam, vinegar, liqueur, and other food products. They use organic rose hips and red, super fragrant rose petals of ‘Mr. Lincoln’, ‘Ecstacy’, ‘Oklahoma’ and ‘Red ‘n Fragrant’ locally grown. These roses give the distinct rose taste, fragrance and colour, which naturally occurs by stewing the petals.
Visit our online store locator to find a GCA Garden Centre or Home Store stocking your favourite roses, and remember to ask about their edible rose product range: https://www.lifeisagarden.co.za/category/garden-and-home-centres/