Garden Day will take place nationwide on Sunday, 20 October, encouraging gardeners to down tools, pop on a flower crown and celebrate their gardens with neighbours, family and friends no matter how big or small their garden is.
Garden Day is a great way to kick-start the gardening season, driving customers into your garden centre to get ready for their Garden Day parties.
Position your centre as offering everything your customers could ever need to get their gardens ready for Garden Day: from plants and containers to furniture and garden decoration.
Use the Garden Day campaign and flower crown imagery as a hook to generate local PR, boost staff morale and engage your customers.
2019 supporters toolkit
Host your own Garden Day celebration on Sunday 20 October. The Garden Day website has put together a handy toolkit of ideas and resources, which you can use to support the campaign via social media, including Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp.
Download any of the images and share photos of your celebrations using #GardenDaySA #LifeIsAGarden.
10 Ways to boost Garden Day sales
- Tell your customers: inspire your customers to host Garden Day celebrations by featuring Garden Day in all your communications in the run-up to Garden Day.
- Create exclusive Garden Day promotions: devise time-limited, linked sales promotions across the centre and badge them as Garden Day offers.
- Wear Flower Crowns: Get inspired by JJ van Rensburg and his Garden World crew, take a leaf out of the flower crowns of the Eckards GardenPavilion team or crown yourself King of Garden Day like Johan du Preez, aka Panda. Encourage all staff to pop on a flower crown to get customers talking! Happy-looking sales staff make for happy customers and increased sales.
- Enter our Garden Day Competition: Our Garden Day team will get in touch with you directly with information on what you can win and how to win it! Great cash prizes up for grabs!
- Think local PR: send photos of your staff in flower crowns to local media and tell them what you’re doing in the run-up to Garden Day. Make use of the free press release template at www.gardenday.co.za and embargo your story until 30 September.
- Pick a Champion: Nominate a member of staff with a passion for social media and promotion as your Garden Day champion.
- Consider offering cafe/restaurant Garden Day offers: offer special Garden Day packages in the lead-up to Garden Day.
- Consider hosting a Flower Crown workshop: work with a florist to run paying - or free - workshops on how to make your own flower crown for Garden Day.
- Join the Conversation: be part of the Garden Day buzz by using the hashtag #GardenDaySA
- POS: Our team will be in contact directly to set up delivery of your POS materials, including your in-store posters and table-talkers. POS material will arrive early September.