Garden Day 2017
A quick recap about Garden Day
- In 2016, Garden Day’s team planted the seeds for South Africa’s first ever Garden Day, which sprouted as an idea from a group of enthusiastic, local gardeners who wanted to start a movement to unite South Africans by creating a day where everyone can enjoy and celebrate their gardens together.
- Garden Day 2016 was a huge success and as a result they’re pleased to be germinating ideas and potting new plans for Garden Day 2017, which will take place this year on Sunday 15 October.
In this light Garden Day will be sending you Garden Day 2017 promotional material that includes:
- 2 x Garden Day 2017 A2 posters, which you can display in your windows and public areas.
- 200 x A5 flyers with FAQs about Garden Day, which you can hand out to your customers at central points and/or cash registers.
Delivery of Garden Day 2017 Promotional Material
As promised, the Garden Day team will post your promotional material to your postal address. You can expect to receive the promotional material in the 2nd week in September.
Over and above the posters and flyers it goes without saying that your support would be invaluable in helping the Garden Day team to spread the news and nurture the movement in any of the following ways …
- Use Garden Day to run a special promotion at your nursery or Garden Centre. For example – offer a discount on a specific plant/product in the weeks leading up the Garden Day (i.e. to prepare your garden for Garden Day).
- In addition, your promotions can be shared on the Garden Day website www.gardenday.co.za – on the promotions page: www.gardenday.co.za/promotions with a direct link to your website.
- NB, please note! Please ensure that you send us the information on your promotion and your logo before or by Friday 18 August so that we can ensure to upload it to the Garden Day website. Please email Genie Williams directly with the info and logo firstname.lastname@example.org
B2B and customer communication
- Use the Garden Day logo in your email header, signature and advertisements (this can be obtained from Genie Williams)
- Upload a Garden Day banner (and hyperlink to www.gardenday.co.za) on your website.
- Share your great retail offers via any printed or online communication to customers.
- Email customers and contacts – tell them what you are doing and why.
- Follow Garden Day on twitter, Instagram and Facebook, and like and share their posts.
- Take part in their social media activities.
- Share your great retail promotions and activities via social media.
- Share your Garden Day activities and participation (e.g. instore displays; special offers, etc.), using @gardendaysa and the #gardenday hashtag.