Bonsai Basics: How to care for your bonsai
With the right tips, bonsai care is not difficult. Here is some expert advice.
– Your trees should be watered once a day, thoroughly, in the growing season.
– Water over another plant, so that the water can run freely through the drainage holes.
– Bonsai should be placed outdoors with morning sun.
– Indigenous species can take full sun all day
– Should be free draining, have an inorganic component and grit for root growth and drainage
– Any good bonsai supplier will have the right mix
Visit lifeisagarden.co.za for more!